Since November 2013 a team of dedicated volunteers have invested their time to help retain Hare Hill House as a community asset for the people of Littleborough.
Led by The MoorEnd Development Trust. we are campaigning to lease the property from Rochdale Council and invest in longer-term plans for the development of Hare Hill House into a self-financing community, arts and micro-business centre for the Littleborough Community.
The Trust, Friends of Hare Hill House and other volunteers and local businesses are working to further develop Hare Hill House into a thriving centre that will:
- Provide a vibrant venue for community groups and activities
- Support local employment
- Provide a community cafe to act as both an informal meeting place and a training hub
- Promote tourism and arts in the region
- Work with other groups to provide a focal point for community events
- Enable visitors to understand the history of the House, the families that lived in it and their significance in the development of the Township of Littleborough.
To find out more about the history of the House and our plans for the future, go to our “Vision and History” pages.